Welcome to the online home of the UNC General Management Club!
Our mission is to provide Kenan-Flagler MBA students with educational, networking, and developmental resources so that they may pursue and succeed in both formal and informal general management programs.
Since General Management encompasses a variety of positions including leadership development programs, functional rotational programs, corporate strategy, business development, project management, human capital management, and human resources, students interested in pursuing careers in any of these areas benefit from the information, resources, and networking opportunities that the General Management Club provides. Member benefits include:
- Career Preparation: Mock interview workshops, resume critiques, behavioral interviewing strategy sessions, general management and rotational program internship panel discussions, industry executive panel discussions, industry guest speakers, diversity conference preparation
- Targeted Networking Opportunities: Cocktail events with recruiters and alumni networking sessions
- Speedy Access to General Management Career Opportunities: Besides early intimation about on-campus and off-campus general management openings through the club’s mailing list, club members can have their resumes included in the club’s resume book that is sent to leading employers who use it to proactively identify internship and full-time candidates.
- Case Competitions: General Management focused case competitions organized by the club allow members to not only hone their general management skills but also practically demonstrate their strategic thinking and collaborative abilities to potential recruiters who serve as judges for these competitions.
- Career Treks: These informational visits to companies with prominent corporate strategy or business development groups as well as those with strong rotational leadership programs allow club members to learn about various aspects of general management from key executives and demonstrate their strong interest to these potential recruiters.